Friday, April 25, 2014

My First Investments

Warren Buffett, the most successful investor this world has ever known, once said: “Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.” The stock market has always amazed me. The whole premise is kind of mind-boggling, and it’s one of the few things I don’t think I’ll ever completely understand. For this reason, and also because I love making money, I've chosen to pursue this topic instead of selling things door-to-door.

Last week I made my first investment. I bought 400 shares of ZX (China Zenix Auto International) at $2.44 a share. I turned around and sold the next day at $2.50, making me ~$25. 

Currently, I am invested in ALGN (Align Technology Incorporated). They are the ones who invented invisalign. It hasn't been going as well as my first investment, but I believe that they will go back up so I can still sell them at a profit. I bought 19 shares at $52.42 and now their stock price is around $51. 

I am also in the process of running probability on some data I've been collecting. The results from this will hopefully help me invest smarter. I will be posting about my findings soon!


1 comment:

  1. Ooh I really hope you get those shares sold for a profit; I'm excited to see how much money you'll make! Then you can buy Sarah Tiffany necklaces ;]

    ReplyDelete