Thursday, May 22, 2014

Oh Shoot Dang

On May 13 I bought 145 shares of YuMe stock. They were to report earnings the next day. The company looked very healthy and the forecasts were good. Unfortunately, the day they reported, their Chief Financial Officer stepped down. Due to this unforeseen change, their stock went from $6.80 to $5.37 quickly. I lost $200 and so that sucks. This week has opened my eyes to just how unpredictable the stock market is.

These past couple weeks I have been keeping track of stocks I've previously been invested in. It seems as if there's a trend between if a company id big and their stock rebounding quick if something goes wrong. I think for the next little bit I will focus on trying to find a stock to invest in long-term. The money I have into the market right now is not a necessity to get back so I don't mind having it in there for a while.

On a happier note- the 20 time project fair went really well!! Here is a picture of me telling the public about stocks with Sarah showing some sass to my right.

3 comments:

  1. What kinds of questions did you get from the people that visited you at the fair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. People asked me about why I was so interested in the market Kelly!

    ReplyDelete